Villa Artelia, Zakynthos, Greece
This property is part of our exclusive portfolio. Find out more here.
Occupying a fabulously private position above the sea and the wooded hills of southwest Zakynthos, Aetheria inhabits a magical world all of its own. And yet close by are sandy beaches, crystal clear coves, welcoming tavernas and character-filled villages, all of which offer plenty to see and experience for guests who manage to tear themselves away from their secluded hill-top hideaway.
Inside: accommodation at Aetheria is arranged over two floors. The property’s design is a pleasing mix of clean lines, contemporary elements, and nods to traditional island architecture. Wood, from the flooring and the furniture to the lofty beamed ceilings of the first floor, is a significant component of the overall aesthetic, as are the strategically placed exposed stone walls. These subtle hints at Zakynthos’s heritage are tempered by thoroughly modern banks of floor-to-ceiling windows, sliding glass doors and the luxurious styling of the kitchen and the bathrooms.
The main entrance takes one into a hallway and then into a generously proportioned double-height space that occupies most of the ground floor. Light floods in via two floors of windows, creating a wonderfully luminous and airy environment. To one side is the well-equipped modern kitchen, complete with large island; in the centre is a large dining table; and at the far side is the living area, whose sofas and armchairs are gathered around a fireplace. All three zones flow out onto the surrounding terraces via a series of wide sliding glass doors.
The remaining accommodation on the ground floor comprises a double-twin bedroom served by an adjacent shower room.
An n-shaped staircase near the hallway leads up to the first floor, where a three-sided gallery walkway looking down into the dining area below provides access to four more bedrooms. On one side of the gallery is:
• the main double bedroom, complete with en-suite shower room, wonderful sea views and a private balcony overlooking the pool area • a double-twin with en-suite shower room and mountain views
On the other side of the gallery, a little corridor leads to:
• a double bedroom with its own private balcony offering the same views as the main bedroom • a double-twin with mountain views • a centrally positioned shower room shared by the two bedrooms
Outside: al fresco life at Aetheria revolves around the fabulously panoramic and wonderfully spacious pool terrace. Accessed via wide sliding glass doors from the ground floor’s open-concept communal space, and boasting majestic views out over the Gulf of Laganas and the National Marine Park of Zakynthos, this area caters for pretty much all eventualities.
Sitting in pride of place at the centre is the dreamy infinity pool, which is divided into two parts by a central sitting area with sunken firepit. The main section of the pool includes water jets and a hydro massage system, while the other section is a shallow pool ideal.
To one end of the pool is a well-furnished sitting area with bar and a shaded dining table served by an outdoor kitchen with built-in barbecue, sink and work surfaces.
To the other end of the pool there is an external shower and behind this, accessed down 10 steps, are two WCs to service guests enjoying the pool and outdoor areas.
Fanning out around the house, sheltered by stone walls, are more terraces bordered with greenery, flowers and shade-giving trees. Beyond this is the owner's estate which includes vineyards, stables, and a manège home to rare horse breeds, including the golden Akhal Teke from Turkmenistan.
Open plan living and dining area, fully equipped kitchen all with views to the sea and direct access to the pool terrace
- Twin/Double bedroom en suite
- Master bedroom en suite with private balcony offering magical sea views
- Twin/Double bedroom en suite with mountain views
- Double bedroom with private balcony with sea views sharing a bathroom with
- Twin/Double bedroom with mountain views
Infinity pool with sun loungers, shaded dining area, BBQ, various sitting areas
- Luxury Accommodation
- A daily cleaning service (up to 12 hours) and a mid-week linen change
- The services of a cook who prepares breakfast and either lunch or dinner on a daily basis
- Travel assistance and Concierge service
- White Key Signature toiletries
- For more information please visit our WK Services section
- White Key Signature toiletries
For more information please visit our WK Services section
- Swimming pool: Infinity, heated (upon request),
- Air Conditioning: Everywhere.
- Internet: WiFi
- Smart TV
- Closest airport: Zakynthos (ZTH), 25 min drive
- Closest port: Zakynthos, 30 min drive
- Closest town: Agalas, 10 min drive
- Closest beach: Agios Sostis, 20 min drive