Villa Thani, Syros, Greece
This property is part of our exclusive portfolio. Find out more here.
19'720 - 46'170 euros/weekAvailability & Pricing
Running for some 2km along the west coast of Syros, the extensive grounds of Thani are wondrous, magical and awe-inspiring. Well-defined paths connect the impressively grand villa and its generous terraces to a stunningly panoramic peninsula and a pair of idyllic bays, and every detail has been thought of to create rarified, privileged atmosphere in which guests can relax, unwind and share the magic without ever having to lift a finger.
Inside: accommodation at Thani is laid out over two floors.
The main entrance leads in from a super-panoramic sea-view terrace into the social hub of the property, whose walls in creamy-honeyed Cycladic stone root the villa in its context and set the scene for the airy, luminous atmosphere found throughout. To the right is a dining area served by a splendid show kitchen in marble and warm wood. It is here that the villa's chefs will finish off your meals in style (there is another service kitchen for prep discreetly hidden away). French windows bring in the remarkable sea views and open out onto one of the shady al fresco dining areas.
A few steps up from the dining area is a gallery off which one may access the stairs to the first floor (underneath which is a guest WC) and the split-level living room. On the upper level of the latter is a games and reading area, while down below are three walls of sink-in sofas gathered round a wide-screen TV and a fireplace. A wall of high windows offer stunning views out to sea and drink in the light.
The first floor is accessed via a curvaceous staircase leading from the gallery above the dining area. At the top is a landing with a panoramically positioned sofa looking out to sea (and the sunsets) and two doors that provide access via a pair of covered walkways to the two sleeping wings, north and south, each with three bedrooms. Five of these bedrooms are west-facing and boast wonderful sea views.
In the south wing there is:
• a spacious main double with a chaise-longue, a large private sea-view terrace and an en-suite shower room • a split-level double with a sitting area below, a bed and en-suite shower room up a couple of steps, and a private sea-view terrace • a double-twin with en-suite shower room and a private sea-view terrace
In the north wing is:
• a main double with contemporary four-poster bed, access to a splendid private sea-view terrace, and an en-suite shower room • a double bedroom, also with access to a private sea-view terrace and an en-suite shower room • a spacious double-twin with a day bed, en-suite shower room and access to the cool, shady gardens between the house and the tennis court
The remaining two bedrooms are located on the ground floor, one at either end of (and accessed externally from) the long sea-view terrace that runs along the entire façade of the villa:
• a luminous sea-view double with contemporary four-poster bed and en-suite shower room • a second sea-view double with dressing area, a bed up a couple of steps and en-suite shower room
Not part of the accommodation per se, but very much integral to the property, is the wine cellar, which is stocked with some 4,000 bottles of vintage wine, much of which was produced on the estate in the 2000s.
Outside: sitting in its coastal estate of just over 60 acres, Thani offers numerous possibilities for al fresco fun, recreation and adventure.
Extending along the front of the house, and accessed from the dining area and the two ground floor bedrooms, is a long, wide terrace with bewitching panoramas (and sunsets) out to sea. A covered section flanked by elegant arches is home to the first of three al fresco dining areas. Other sections, meanwhile, are comfortably furnished with quality outdoor sofas and armchairs.
Towards the centre of this wonderful terrace, a wide flights of steps sweeps elegantly down to the large pool terrace, where, sitting in pride of place is the irresistible 20m-long heatable infinity pool. A covered sitting area with bar, makes this the ideal spot in which to spend relaxing days gazing out to sea, swimming and soaking up the rays of the Grecian sun. Guests may also request to take their meals by the pool.
Behind the house, accessed from the upper level of the living room, is a wonderful secret terrace, shaded by a pergola and a sheltered by a proliferation of fragrant climbers. This is al fresco dining area number three, and is ideal for convivial soirées when the Meltemi winds are blowing.
Above this area, set back a little from the house, is the wonderful floodlit tennis court.
The villa and its terraces are enveloped in a verdant cocoon of mature trees beyond which the grounds extend for nearly as far as the eye can see. Planted with olive groves, cypresses, cedars, pines and all manner of Mediterranean flora, the estate is crisscrossed by a series of paths.
Two of these lead down to the north and the south bays, both of which are lapped by translucent azure waters and equipped with water sports equipment, including paddle boards and kayaks. The south bay also has a little jetty. The third path, meanwhile, takes guests to a private headland that pushes out into the waters of the Aegean. Boasting unforgettable 360-degree panoramas of the sea, the house with the mountains behind, and long stretches of Syros's coastline, this is a truly a unique spot. A sitting area has been carved out to offer guests the perfect vantage point from which to watch the sun set, aperitif in hand - the chefs will be delighted to prepare a hamper of drinks and snacks for what we are sure will become a keenly anticipated daily ritual.
Service: Thani is a fully-serviced villa whose excellent staff, including a team of housekeepers and dedicated chefs, will ensure that you fully enjoy your stay without ever having to lift a finger.
The discreet team of housekeepers work in shifts for a total of about 15 hours a day, ensuring that everything, inside and out, is shipshape and perfectly maintained.
The chefs meanwhile, will prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner whenever you require them (just let them know a day or two in advance). The head Chef loves to create menus according to guests' preferences and dietary requirements using the most delicious ingredients he can find, including seasonal organic vegetables and locally caught fish. For many years he cooked in Michelin-starred kitchens and gained experience across a variety of cuisines although his speciality remains exquisite but fuss-free.
Please note that ingredients are not included and should be paid for locally.
Living room, elevated sitting area, open plan kitchen and dining area.
Sitting area with magnificent sunset views and entrances to two different wings:
- Double bedroom en suite with large private terrace offering fabulous sea views
- Double bedroom en suite split in two levels with a sitting area below, a bed and en-suite shower room up a couple of steps, and a separate sea-view terrace
- Twin/Double bedroom en suite with a separate sea-view terrace
- Double bedroom en suite with four-poster bed, access to a private sea-view terrace
- Double bedroom en suite with access to a private sea-view terrace
- Twin/Double with a day bed en suite and access to the gardens close to the tennis court
Independent Guest Rooms
Two Double bedrooms en suite with access to the terrace above the pool
Large pool terrace with infinity pool, bar, sun loungers, changing rooms, shaded dining area, shaded sitting area, tennis court, gardens and direct access to two pebble beaches
- Luxury Accommodation
- Daily Maid Service (Change of Linen twice a week)
- Travel Assistance & Concierge Services
- White Key Signature toiletries
For more information please visit our WK Services section
- Swimming pool: Infinity, heated (upon request), 20 x 10m.
- Air Conditioning: Everywhere.
- Internet: WiFi
- Private Boat Mooring: Private Dock
- Access to the Villa: Easy paved road
- Closest airport: Syros (JSY), 15 min drive
- Closest port: Syros, 20 min drive
- Closest town: Kini, 5 min drive
- Closest beach: Two pebble beaches at the bottom of the property, 3 min walk / Kini, 5 min drive