Villa Papyrella, Mykonos, Greece
This property is part of our exclusive portfolio. Find out more here.
14'770 - 29'520 euros/week
Filled with art, character, and an understated sense of laid-back Cycladic chic, Papyrella boasts wide-open vistas of the sea, heart-melting charm, a gorgeous zero edge pool, and swathe of shady and sun-soaked terraces. With gorgeous, buzzing Mykonos Town less than 10 minutes away and plenty of sandy beaches nearby, guests staying at Papyrella are blessed with an embarrassment of riches.
Inside: accommodation at Papyrella is organised over a main house on two floors and a pair of externally accessed guest bedrooms.
The main entrance takes one into the ground floor hallway. To the left is a guest WC, while to the right a few stairs lead down into the voluminous living area, which features a well-cushioned, built-in corner sofa looking out to sea to one side, and a relaxing nook with large daybed and fireplace to the other.
In this space, the philosophy behind the recent refurbishment of Papyrella is easy to see, and the ideas incorporated here are reiterated throughout the property to create a pleasing homogeneity. Wherever possible, original features, such as the wood-beamed ceilings, have been restored and given a new life. The door and window frames have been salvaged and painted in a fresh aqua hue, which brings a lightness and a sense of energy. Other elements have been changed, most evidently, perhaps, in the grey and white dappled terrazzo flooring and in the introduction of marble from Naxos and Attica in the bathrooms and the kitchen. The overall effect is one of gentle luminosity balanced by the occasional splash of colour from soft furnishings and artworks.
With the help of a couple of steps, the living area flows through a wide opening and into the lovely dining room, which offers sea views and access to the panoramic terraces outside. The sweep of this open-plan space continues along to the well-equipped, marble-topped kitchen, which is in two sections - an open corner area with plenty of worktops, and a galley section. A door between the two accesses the outdoor dining terrace.
Back in the hallway, a door to one side opens into the main floor’s sleeping wing, which comprises:
• a double bedroom with antique fireplace, sea views, access to the main terraces, and an en-suite shower room
• a second double bedroom, also with sea views, a semi-private terrace, and an en-suite shower room
Stairs in the corner of the living area lead down to the ground floor, which is home to two more bedrooms:
• a double with en-suite shower room, sea views, a raised daybed nook and access to the pool terrace
• a second double with en-suite shower room, sea views and access to the pool terrace
The two guest rooms are accessed externally:
• the first, a double, is accessed from near the main entrance and has its own private terrace, sea views and an en-suite shower room
• the second, also a double with en-suite shower room, is located at the far end of a long sea-facing terrace accessed via steps from the pool area
Outside: all rooms at Papyrella spill out onto irresistibly panoramic terraces, allowing guests to indulge in a purely Greek al fresco lifestyle. The spellbinding 180-degree views pan out over the Bay of Mykonos Town, the sparkling blue waters of the Aegean, and the islands of Mpaos, Rinia and Tinos. And when the late afternoon light begins to mellow, there's only one thing to do: pour a drink, take a seat, and watch as the lustrous golden sun begin its mesmeric descent into the sea.
The communal areas on the main floor open onto a series of interconnecting cane-shaded and sun-soaked terraces. Furnished with cushioned, built-in seating and a dining table, this is where you will spend much of your time.
Steps lead down from the dining terrace to the pool area, which is also accessed directly from the two lower level bedrooms. The star act of this space is the gorgeous, centrally positioned zero edge pool, which is flanked by plenty of space for sunbathing as well as a large shaded area with comfortable in-built seating and a table and chairs.
Steps lead down from the pool area, past some colourful vegetation to a long terrace, at the end of which is the second guest room.
The first bedroom on the main floor opens out onto the communal terrace, while the second has its own semi-private terrace (it's overlooked by the first bedroom but accessed exclusively from the second).
Finally, the externally accessed guest bedroom on the main floor has its own sea-view terrace.
- Luxury Accommodation
- Daily Maid Service (Change of Linen twice a week)
- Travel Assistance & Concierge Services
- White Key Signature toiletries
For more information please visit our WK Services section
- Swimming pool: Fresh water,
- Air Conditioning: All Bedrooms.
- Ceiling Fans: In Living Area
- Internet: WiFi
- Smart TV
- Access to the Villa: Easy paved road
- Closest airport: Mykonos (JMK), 10 min drive
- Closest port: Mykonos port, 5 min drive
- Closest town: Mykonos, 9 min drive
- Closest beach: Agios Sostis, 10 min drive