Villa Pherenike, Hydra, Greece
A historical villa overlooking the Aegean Sea
15'000 - 19'000 euros/week
Perched on top of a hill enjoying magnificent sea views and absolute exclusivity, this property is a fine example of local architecture, whose every artifact, ornament and detail relay old stories of bravery and glory. In complete harmony with the surroundings, this traditional, castle-like mansion is the ideal refuge for those seeking to indulge in the serene beauty of cosmopolitan Hydra.
The outdoor area unfolds onto various levels highlighting the location’s rocky geology and blending exquisite craftsmanship and local materials with nature’s wonders. It features Mediterranean flora and a range of sitting areas offering breathtaking views of the Saronic Gulf. Whether you take a refreshing dip in the beautiful pool, relish the marvels of the local cuisine in the outdoor dining space or choose to enjoy those precious moments alone, lounging in a hammock, this garden was crafted to answer your every need.
The indoor spaces are equally inviting and soothing. The mansion’s design and décor combines the very best of modern comfort and top-notch equipment with carefully selected traditional furniture and artistic touches. The property graciously displays its materials, exposing its stone, playing with daring colors in its openings, complementing its warm wooden fittings.
Though it seems to be floating high above the island, the mansion is actually a walking distance from the town of Hydra and Avlaki beach. Make sure to enjoy the climb uphill too. Before you know it, you will be the kings of your castle once again.
- 1 Twin bedroom en suite, each with an independent entrance
Staff bedroom used by the resident staff
Spacious living area with dining table extending to pergola-shaded terrace wth dining & sitting area, large fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table, study, guest bathroom
Second Upper Level
- 2 Master Double bedrooms en suite with fireplaces
Independent Guest House
Small sitting area (with sofa-bed suitable to accommodate two children), kitchenette
- 1 Double bedroom en suite
- 1 Single bedroom with private bathroom (no A/C)
Swimming pool with sun beds, al fresco dining area, various small corners with lounging spots, small "cave" lounging spot, surrounding Mediterranean garden
- Luxury Accommodation
- Daily Maid Service (Change of Linen twice a week)
- Travel Assistance & Concierge Services
- White Key Signature toiletries
For more information please visit our WK Services section
- Swimming pool: Bean, Salt water, 100m2. Max Depth: 2.5m.
- Air Conditioning: All Bedrooms. (except one of the Twin bedrooms on Ground Level)
- Internet: WiFi
- Closest airport: Athens, 1.5 h by ferry (or 3 hrs drive) & 15 min by sea taxi
- Closest port: Hydra, 12 min walk (steep)
- Closest town: Hydra, 10 min walk (steep)
- Closest beach: Various small coves, 10 min walk