Villa Mirkella, Hydra, Greece
Picturesque hideaway in Hydra
Take your vacation to new heights in this historic villa, nestled on a 40-meter rock cliff above the coast with awe-inspiring views of the sea in three directions. With a central house, built around a stately tower, a separate, traditional Greek house and an independent kitchen, this property can comfortably accommodate a larger number of guests in search of privacy and autonomy. Both the pool overlooking the sea, as well as the nearby beach, only a short stroll away via a private path, ensure seclusion and relaxation as does the prohibition on cars in force on the island.
Elegant interiors combine stone, exposed brick, marble and wood for the ultimate comfort and style. The main house, built from grey marble, provides a spacious lounge and two double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, all decorated with modern amenities and rustic flair. With its own veranda, bathroom facilities and bedrooms with exterior doors for discreet access, the guest house also offers unparalleled sea and forest views. A stand-alone kitchen makes al fresco dining convenient and, thanks to an outdoor dining area, eating out has never been so delicious. Original materials have been largely preserved on this property, which has hosted some illustrious guests, including kings and prime ministers and was also featured in a novel by writer Jack Higgens.
The capital of the island, Hydra port, is just a short ride away by sea taxi. Authentic architecture in this beautiful harbour features charming tile roofs and narrow whitewashed paved streets. Visitors will find a range of tourist sites and shops for a seamless blend of traditional and cosmopolitan atmosphere, as well as the opportunity to witness breathtaking sunsets. From the preserved tranquility of the island, to the luxurious haven of this villa, you will enjoy a prime location for a serene getaway from top to bottom!
Living Room, small study
- 1 Double Bedroom with private bathroom
- 1 Twin/Double Bedroom en suite
- 1 Master Bedroom en suite
- 1 Twin/Double Bedroom en suite with private veranda and fabulous views
Fully equipped kitchen
Independent Guest house with private terrace
- 1 Double Bedroom en suite sharing a bathroom with
- 1 Twin/Double Bedroom
Large terrace with dining area, sun beds & umbrellas, swimming pool, path leading down to a secluded beach
Independent staff quarters used by villa housekeepers
- Luxury Accommodation
- Daily Maid Service (Change of linen twice a week)
- Travel assistance and Concierge service
- White Key Signature toiletries
For more information please visit our WK Services section
- Air Conditioning: All Bedrooms.
- Internet: WiFi
- Private Boat Mooring: Private Dock
- Access to the Villa: only by water (sea taxi or private boat) and through private steps up to the villa
- Closest airport: Athens (ATH), 1.5 hr by boat or 3 hrs drive + 15 min by sea taxi
- Closest port: Hydra, 10 min by sea taxi
- Closest town: Hydra, 10 min by sea taxi
- Closest beach: Private beach, 2 min walk